Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Pumpkin Pie Lasagna


Last week the office had a pie contest. Yes, it is as amazing as it sounds. I was good though and only tried one of the pies. I really had no choice since the person who made it sits right across from me. This pie was pretty much staring me in the face all day. Now I must admit, I am not a fan of the traditional pumpkin pie. I know that may sound un-American and a few of you are gasping in disbelief. But it just has never been my thing. However, this delectable treat that my coworker made forced me to reconsider my distaste for the pumpkin flavor. This pie is more of a layered trifold. There is whipped cream, mousse, more whipped cream, graham crackers, and chocolate. I mean really, how can you go wrong. I retrieved the recipe and now I must share it with all of you. It is quite simple and can easily be made in advance. A perfect dessert for Thanksgiving. I insist that you try this. Share it with your guests or keep the whole thing for yourself. I will not judge you either way. 


Ingredients
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup whipping cream
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 15 oz. can Pumpkin
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
2 containers Cool Whip (8 oz)
1 Box graham crackers
1 cup mini chocolate chips

Directions
1. Whip softened cream cheese on medium speed for at least two minutes until fluffy.
2. Add heavy cream and continue to beat, increasing speed to medium high until cream is mixed into cream cheese.
3. Add powdered sugar, pumpkin, and spice. Mix on medium speed until well blended. 
*For stronger flavor, add the full can of pumpkin
4. Add 1 of the 8oz containers of Cool Whip and mix until combined. Plan on splitting the mousse into thirds for your layers.  
5. Cover the bottom of your pan with graham crackers, in a double layer.
6. Cover graham crackers with a layer of the pumpkin mousse. Add a small handful of mini chocolate chips on top and cover with a thin layer of Cool Whip. Repeat this twice so that you end up with three layers. 
7. Sprinkle the top layer with mini chocolate chips.
8. Refrigerate in air tight container for at least two hours so the graham crackers soften. Best served cold. 

Servings: 8-10




No comments:

Post a Comment