Sunday, April 6, 2014

My Week of Dinners

Sunday

This was one of the first Sundays in awhile where I didn't have a million things to do. I took advantage of this and concocted a recipe I had been wanting to try. I saw the original Baked Manicotti with Sausage and Peas recipe on Giada at Home. I decided to change it up just a tiny bit from her original recipe. It was pretty delicious. You can find my version here

Monday
I have been craving gyros for some time now. I bought the ingredients and finally had the chance to cook them up. I marinated the chicken while at work with olive oil, lemon zest and juice, salt and pepper, and garlic. I then chopped up the chicken into strips and sautéed until cooked through. I would also recommend grilling the chicken. I would have done this myself but we're out of propane...eek! I stuffed the chicken, cucumber, lettuce, tomatoes, tzatziki, and gets into a pita pocket. I served the gyros with fries that I coated with olive oil, salt, pepper, and a lemon and garlic herb mixture. Delicious! 
Tuesday
Liz and I had been meaning to get together for awhile. Our schedules have been just too crazy to actually find a date that worked for both of us. Finally, we were able to set aside time for each other and go out to dinner. We went to one of my favorites, Orange Mango. Of course I enjoyed the Orange Mango curry dish. It was great to catch up and enjoy some good food. 
Wednesday
Giada has a white bean and chicken chili recipe that I've had my eye on. I only made half of the recipe, but with a few extra guests we finished the entire pot! I will definitely be making this again. 
Thursday
We changed up Girl's Night this week based on schedule and had it on a Thursday. This week was Tara's turn. She made a delicious meal consisting of salmon, oven roasted broccoli, and corn pudding. Every last bit was amazing. I believe we finished everything.
Friday
I hung out with my little girlfriend Maeve this weekend. We spent the night playing board games, watching Frozen...twice, and ordered pizza and chicken fingers from one of our favorite places. It was a perfect Friday!
Saturday
My mom, Sabrina, her aunt Karen, and I took a day trip to NYC. We went down to see Rock of Ages the musical. More on the trip to come later. For dinner we went to Heartland Brewery where I enjoyed BBQ ribs, fries, and the Irish Red Ale. 

No comments:

Post a Comment